Queer Women of Color and Friends (QWOC+ Boston) is currently seeking two (2) dynamic motivated interns interested in exploring a career in social media marketing. This unpaid internship requires a commitment of 15 hours per week in addition (including mandatory attendance at our weekly planning meetings), but offers a flexible schedule; hours can be worked primarily from home, at night, and on the weekends.
Seriously, this internship rocks. Check out what our last Social Media Intern had to say HERE
- You are a high school, undergraduate or graduate student
- You are a member or active ally to the Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay, Transgender, Queer, and Intersex (LBGTQI) community
- You have excellent writing and communication skills — you can crank out a newsletter AND hold your own in a meeting
- You possess hands-on experience with popular social media applications like Twitter, Digg, Facebook, and YouTube
- You have at least a basic understanding of blogging tools like WordPress, Blogspot, or Drupal
- Your attention to details is almost supernatural
- You are passionate about social justice and have several organizational affiliations and committees to show for it!
- You enjoy working within a team, but cherish your very own mini-projects
Did you nod your head at most (or all) of the statements above? If so, then we’d LOVE to consider you for one of our summer social media internships!
- You will provide marketing support for our 3rd annual QWOC Week, a week-long festival that involves the concepting, planning, coordination, and execution of at least ten community-building events
- You will learn the basics of email marketing via your contribution (draft and technical support) of our bi-weekly newsletters
- You will brainstorm your very own ideas for leveraging social media to create social change — yes, we’ll give you your very own project/event to plan
- You will author blog posts and reblog relevant media articles
- You will post frequent tweets and master the art of engaging users via Twitter
- You will learn to identify potential PR opportunities
- You will work within the steering committee to explore ways in which we might engage our user community both within our existing sites and on external social media platforms
- You WILL have so much fun, and be able to talk about it on your resume. [If you do a great job] You will earn at least one solid letter of recommendation!
- UNPAID internship
- Academic Credit
- Official Letter of Recommendation
- Complimentary Event Tickets
- Cool Points
- First and Last Name
- Name of Institution
- Contact Info (Email and Phone Number)
- How did you hear about this internship opportunity?
- Do you blog? Give us your website.
- Do you tweet? List your Twitter handle.
- What social justice cause are you most concerned about? Is it different from the one you donate most of your time/money to? If so, tell us why. If not, well then tell us how your passion for this cause has translated to action (i.e. how do you support/promote it?). Please respond to this question in 5 sentences or less. This isn’t a college essay — we just wanna gauge your level of commitment