Artists For Recognition and Acceptance (AFRA–Kenya) is looking to take on lesbian and bisexual artists for a three month paid internship.
The AFRA-Kenya’s Internship Program aspires to help lesbian and bisexual artists become community leaders through training in professional advocacy skills, attitudes, and practices. The intern will take on administrative, organizational, representative, and communication responsibilities.
“AFRA-Kenya’s mission is to provide a platform for expression and engagement with the wider society through art and a safe haven for LBT women
The organization projects the voices of lesbian, bisexual, and transgender women in Kenya to ensure a more safe and expressive society by conducting educational workshops on sexuality, gender, and sexual health. They also perform advocacy work around human rights and reproductive health for queer women in Kenya. If you’re interested in applying, please take a moment to review the details below as listed on AFRA’s website.
- Identify as either Lesbian and/or Bisexual woman.
- Passion for working on sexual orientation issues.
- Post high school/tertiary level education in a field of choice.
- Working knowledge of and competence in basic computer programs and packages.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility in schedule and accessibility outside of working hours to address questions or concerns.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Residing in, or able to relocate to Nairobi.
- Ability to deal successfully with complex information and procedures.
We therefore seek a young, diligent, trustworthy, self-driven individual with professional work ethics who can work with minimal supervision while coping with the challenges and heavy workload of this demanding yet rewarding opportunity is best suited for AFRA-Kenya’s Internship Program.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae indicating two referees with the subject line: AFRA-Kenya’s Internship Program, addressed to the Programs Department at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1st.
We therefore seek a young, diligent, trustworthy, self-driven, professional individual who demonstrates a strong work ethic and can work with minimal supervision while coping with the challenges and heavy workload of this demanding yet rewarding opportunity.
To apply, please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae indicating two referees with the subject line: AFRA-Kenya’s Internship Program, addressed to the Programs Department at email@example.com.
Deadline: 1st July, 2012.
More Info: Click HERE