You may view upcoming events by hovering over the “Upcoming Events” drop-down category above, taking a quick look at our agenda on the side-bar, or clicking here.
Organizations wishing to cross-list events with QWOC+ Boston can send a ‘short’ summary (including date and location) to intern at qwocboston dot org. We will only post events on our website that meet at least TWO of the following criteria:
- Overtly intended primarily for people of color
- Planned/hosted by queer people of color
- Features (i.e. speaker, presenters, artists etc.) at least 50% people of color
- Plannned/hosted by an organization that has at least 50% of its members identifying as people of color
Event Posting Decision Examples
- Race in the Workplace: A Community Discussion *YES*
- Gay Rights Fundraiser by a progressive organization that is ‘open to all’ (and we really want QWOC to come!) *NO*
Note: This strict policy about posting events is based on the fact that there are a good number of queer event calendars in the Greater Boston area that provide listings for all kinds of events. There are none specifically for queer people of color.